It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Back in my happy place.It isn’t easy to crochet in hot weather. Sometimes circumstances are such that everything seems hard, and there is no inspiration for anything creative. It’s in times like these that I remember my oft quoted Picasso saying: ‘Inspiration comes – but it has to find you working’.
- Another month … another blanket.Scraps can accumulate! It seems that as fast as you try to use them – more are made and added to the collection! The daily July squares were intended to use some of these – and to prove that I had plenty a different colour was featured in each square!
- There’s always more than one way …Remember this? Jaffa in Superfluity! Is there any way I can incorporate this yarn into FIVE COLOUR FRIDAY? It’s the last Friday of the month – so let’s see … Don’t run away because you ‘hate’ orange – it may give you an idea of how to use an excess in your stash that is …
- Daily definitely does it!There has been a dearth of posts during July. You probably haven’t noticed, but heat and more have meant very little crochet. However, daily squares are on schedule, and I will soon have something to show you. Before reading further though, I warn you that you may need sunglasses at some point! It is only …
- Goodbye June!I’m quite pleased to say this! It hasn’t been the best month for a number of reasons. There have been a number of family ‘highs’ but also a few lows which only occur because it’s June. The roses have been amazing, though, especially the standard which has flowered in abundance and will continue to do …