It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- A bit of this but not much of that …Well. Last week was an interesting week! It looked as though it was going to be quite normal but as the Monday progressed It became obvious that all was not well. In fact I really didn’t feel anywhere near my best at all – and had no inspiration to pick up the hook to continueContinue reading “A bit of this but not much of that …”
- Cake anyone?It’s still warm – and waiting to be tasted. I hope it’s a success. It’s a yogurt cake. I used to make it many years ago – but lost the recipe 🤔 Guess where I found it? Safely folded up and hidden in my favourite cookery book! 🤪 The funny looking brown bits are actuallyContinue reading “Cake anyone?”
- It’s meant to be …A long time ago I went to an art exbibition. It was amateur art, but the group apparently had a good reputation. I accompanied my mother because her friend was exhibiting. There were a number of different pictures – no set theme, and it wasn’t particularly well hung, so landscape and shells were next toContinue reading “It’s meant to be …”
- Five Colour Friday.Another month draws towards it’s end. So close – yet so far away from Lockdown end! I’m looking forward to seeing some of the family after the weekend – presuming things go the way that’s been suggested. ‘Hope’ hasn’t flown out of the window. So; the last Friday of the month must mean Five ColourContinue reading “Five Colour Friday.”
- What a year!So! It’s a year! A year of Covid Lockdown. Can you remember a year ago? What was uppermost in your mind? You may not want to read a whole post about this so I’ll tell you that there is a little video further down of a crafty practice that has helped me get through. ShortagesContinue reading “What a year!”