It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Moving friends alongIt’s border time! It may only be a lap blanket, but I’ve loved every stitch. The colours for each block have been chosen by a friend, both real and virtual. Some friends chose more colours than I originally intended and others only chose a single colour. The layout took a little jiggery pokery – butContinue reading “Moving friends along”
- Friends? I’m overwhelmed!My last post has had far more visitors than I expected, and the response for colour choices has been amazing! I’ve already completed a number of squares, but have yet to add the final joining round. If you would like to dedicate a ‘friend’ square these are my current colours Please select a single colour,Continue reading “Friends? I’m overwhelmed!”
- Friendship Blanket BeginsA New Year! As we start I am wishing each and every one of you the best year possible. Last year is best forgotten for so many reasons, but I hope that joining with me this year will give you some pleasure, and that you will even make some new friends, albeit on the Internet.Continue reading “Friendship Blanket Begins”
- 2020 retrospective – April – and FriendshipIt’s always good to know that blankets, no matter how small, are well received! I finished this in record time – and this is the only reminder! I resurrected some of my old basic dyeing samples to make some bunting to cheer the garden. (There were all from introductory dyeing courses.) There were several thingsContinue reading “2020 retrospective – April – and Friendship”
- Friendship blanketWe are back online! It happened shortly after yesterday’s post was published. However, as I had to swap between tablet and phone I discovered that not all of the post uploaded. It should all be functioning now, so maybe you will take a quick glimpse to see if you arrived before or after the fullContinue reading “Friendship blanket”