It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Coming Soon … !Almost four blankets down … and two to go! Next week the fifth in the series #crochet6in 366 will begin. This will be the largest blanket so far, nine by nine squares, leaving just forty-eight for the last one. The colours for this blanket are a bit more subdued. I’m making the most of thisContinue reading “Coming Soon … !”
- A catch-up and the next stage of the Nasturtium BlanketHas it been too hot to crochet? I’ve found that the best time has been between 7 and 9 in the morning. Not that that has been the most convenient time, though! It’s always a busy start to the day, and for the last while I’ve tried to do more in the cool of theContinue reading “A catch-up and the next stage of the Nasturtium Blanket”
- An update and Dolly!There’s nothing like a few days in the country to blow away the cobwebs. We’ve just returned from a lovely, although short, visit to some old haunts. A time of R and R to make headspace for lots of new projects and more. Blues in Twos is still progressing. I had thought that I mightContinue reading “An update and Dolly!”
- More squares for NasturtiumsJust one week to keep you going with #crochet6in366 August 5: Primrose, Cypress, Meadow, Pistachio, Dandelion, Mustard, Gold August 6: Tomato, Primrose, Dandelion, Sunshine, Clementine, Mustard, Gold August 7: Pistachio, Dandelion, Primrose, Cypress, Meadow, Mustard, Gold STRIP 4 ENDS August 8: Dandelion, Sunshine, Clementine, Tomato, Primrose, Mustard, Gold STRIP 5 BEGINS August 9: Meadow, Pistachio,Continue reading “More squares for Nasturtiums”
- Five Colour FridayAnother month gone! The last Friday of the month so here’s a continuation of the sometime series featuring five colours. Not all accidents are ‘happy’ but this combination certainly is! Sometimes the best combinations appear as if by magic whilst working on something else. I’ll definitely be using these again! Don’t forget to let meContinue reading “Five Colour Friday”