It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Done and dustedI have just finished a blankie made with a really lovely yarn! I wish it was sold locally! I always trust yarns by James C Brett. I haven’t been let down once. This yarn was new to me, and o think it’s a fairly recent addition to their range.
- Five colours for SeptemberHow many wips (works in progress) are on the ‘go’ in your house? I’m laying claim to four! One will be slow, acceptably slow!
- Autumn has arrived!The seasons change..! Below it’s so easy to see the transition. August is on the right, and September, so far, on the left. Apart from the single squares shown above the squares for three days at a time are also continuing
- Looking back to August.August seems a very long time ago, and this unfinished post had been floundering in draft for almost all of that time. I certainly didn’t expect so much to have changed by the time it was finally published. We now have a King, and long queues of people waiting to pay their respects to the …
- The perfect way to stash bust?Or to put it another way … ‘ooh! That was close …