It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Funfetti HotchPotch #crochet6in366We are very near to finishing this blanket now! October 21: Pale Rose/ Bluebell/ Lobelia/ Violet / Mushroom October 22: Silver/ Storm Blue/ Pale Rose/ Cloud Blue/ Mushroom October 23: Storm Blue/ Sage/ Raspberry/ Stone/ Mushroom October 24: Five round Mushroom October 25: Violet/ Bluebell/ Pale Rose/ Lobelia/ Mushroom October 26: Silver/ Cloud Blue/ StormContinue reading “Funfetti HotchPotch #crochet6in366”
- Tickled PinkThis has been a little tedious. I’m not sure why, I can’t quite put my finger on it. The colours are really pretty, and the size of square is easily manageable. And the sequence is easy! So why did it take me so long to get to here? When it was only one evening toContinue reading “Tickled Pink”
- Funfetti HotchPotch and a hat!Sometimes you just need a change. My yarn of choice, for some time, has been a double knitting weight. This began because it was the only yarn sold by my very small but lovely local yarn store. Sadly that closed, so now I have the wealth of the internet from which to choose. The onlyContinue reading “Funfetti HotchPotch and a hat!”
- Five Strips of Funfetti HotchPotchFive down – Four to go! The colours reminded our Grand-daughter of Cake Sprinkles and Confetti. Hence the name… What do you think?
- Funfetti HotchPotch #crochet6in366A chance remark by a grand-daughter … and the penultimate blanket in the mystery cal series has a name! We are now over half way! – Just! Below is the sequence for this next week. October 7: Violet/ Pale Rose/ Lobelia/ Bluebell/ Mushroom October 8: Five round Mushroom October 9: Cloud Blue/ Silver/ Storm Blue/Continue reading “Funfetti HotchPotch #crochet6in366”