It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- The story of May!What a month!
- Five and May progressIt’s been a while since a post here. Why? Lack of space on the blog and too much going on to sort it. Hopefully this post will squeeze in.
- Five and some revisits.Five Colour Friday is with us again.
- Simply five more!It’s that time of the month!
- January Catch-upJanuary has been a mixed month weather wise. Two mild periods separated by a very chilly one. I decided that I would embark on another Temperature Blanket, but a quick and easy recipe is called for so I’m making another in a similar manner to last year’s, which, I’ve just realised, was never shown here. …
3 thoughts on “Decisions about Dolly”
So, have you finalized and Published the colors for Dolly? I hope I didn’t miss them.
LikeLiked by 1 person
No Connie, not yet! I ran out of yarn! Hopefully I’ll be nearer the end after the weekend.
Blog post with details on the blog today, Connie. Thanks for your interest.