It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Five Colour FridayMy birthday month of August is almost here. A year ago we were travelling to Wales, hopeful that ‘freedom’ was right round the corner. In theory it arrived earlier this month, but it doesn’t feel as ‘free’ as it did 12 months ago. Do you feel the same? So, we arrive at another FIVE COLOURContinue reading “Five Colour Friday”
- It’s too hot to crochet!We love a blue sky, don’t we? One of the things I’ve noticed since lockdown began all those months ago, and travel decreased dramatically, is that the sky has become cloudless more often. Normally, by the time this picture was taken, there would be vapour trails all over – even high in the sky, andContinue reading “It’s too hot to crochet!”
- The End Is Nigh!So, is it or isn’t it? In theory today is the last – in practice we must continue as before. In theory today is the last and tomorrow is the first of .. The first of WHAT, exactly? Who knows? However I HAVE COME TO A DECISION! THIS IS THE END OF THE END OFContinue reading “The End Is Nigh!”
- A very quick catch-upHere we are midway through July! Here are the squares that represent the temperatures of the first 12 days of July. The next square will be completed later today. Do you agree that the days are speeding by? This is also a chance to let you know that there is a sale at DERAMORES forContinue reading “A very quick catch-up”
- Where next?A week or so ago I began something new. I’m slowly working my way through a collection of yarn, using it systematically and in order. Those that follow along on Instagram May have seen some of these pictures before. It’s fair to say that it began well But time will tell if it was aContinue reading “Where next?”