The temperature blanket for 2021 is up to date, but that wasn’t the story in February 2019. Here’s what I wrote toward the end of that month.
The temperature blanket is progressing, but not as fast as I would have liked due to a variety of unavoidable circumstances. I’ve mentioned before how handy it is to be able to crochet alongside invalids’ bedsides etc, but it really does help if you are prepared!
The next square was easy, only two colours for the first four rounds, so I grabbed them and tucked them into my bag with a hook. In truth my heart wasn’t really in the crochet, but it kept me occupied.
Daylight, a couple of days late, however, revealed that I’d made an error in bad light, picking up Cypress instead of Sage!
I have to admit that I almost cried when I realised. Such an unimportant mistake, really, but it was just a step too far it seemed. As you can see, the correct square has now been completed, and finished with … Cypress!
As for the original – it’s been converted.
It’s now another square for the charity blanket.