I would not have chosen these colours, but I’m pleased with the result
It’s a scary feeling to be unable to control colours! Just for a change I have made this blanket using the colours of each day during August – and reversed some of them to make enough blocks.
I finished the border, using the colours representing the most frequent temperatures of the month as contrast to the Summer joining colour for the Temperature Blanket, which was Camel. (I’ll be posting an update on that blanket tomorrow.) I have to admit that if I had chosen to work with these colours on another project I wouldn’t have considered Camel to join, but it ‘sort of’ works!
The next blanket, Spirit of September, really will have to wait, possibly even until into October. I already know that I need more yarn in certain colours, but first I have other priorities including a blanket edged with white. The yarn for this blanket was all purchased from Deramores. Details of the square I’ve used can be found here.
I’ll tell you more another day.
One thought on “August is done!”
Reblogged this on 365 – Almost!.