I’m really enjoying working on my temperature blanket – even though it’s only a few rounds a day. However, I made a rash decision to work on other related projects at the same time. I began it in December – so that Winter in its entirety would be evident at the beginning.
December was an odd month for temperatures. The first few days were very mild – surprisingly mild – and introduced colours that I wouldn’t have expected until March.
There were also some very very cold days. Using the December colours I made a granny square blanket which I’ve called The Spirit of December. I’ve just realised that I haven’t photographed it – but these squares above are from the project – and you can see how colourful they are.
January brought cold temperatures. In the same way I made granny squares to represent the month as a whole – based on the same temperature colours. Work was delayed on The Spirit of January due to the previoously mentioned shortage of Lobelia, but the final stitch has now been added, and here are most of the squares finished and about to be blocked!
The image below shows some of the colours in more details
I’m now working on The Spirit of February. So far I’ve used 15 colours – there may be more, but I won’t know that until the afternoon of the last day of the month. I’ll update you on the Winter phase of the Temperature blanket at about that time too.