It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Cariad TooI think it’s fair to say that I don’t often work in only pastel colours. My latest blanket, though, has been an exception. I tried out a ‘new to me’ yarn which I really like. Although an ‘old’ proprietary name Emu has only recently been reintroduced to the market and is currently only sold byContinue reading “Cariad Too”
- Cariad CarnivalMy last post briefly mentioned this completed blanket. I have to say that it was great fun to make and came together quickly. I had a deadline – and they always seem to make the hook fly faster! It isn’t an enormous blanket. It’s 42 squares of 5 rounds plus a border in cream whichContinue reading “Cariad Carnival”
- Autumn rears it’s headI’m writing this on a gloriously sunny day of 26deg C. I’m on holiday – my last day. It hasn’t been the best of summers, but my 4 days away have been truly blessed with blue skies and sun. I’ve had a boat ride. Walked beside a lake Even had some foodie treats! (This isContinue reading “Autumn rears it’s head”
- Five Colour Friday and moreFor what it’s worth – August has been an interesting month. Frankly, the thought of blogging has been furthest from my mind – and the month ‘off’ has done me good. Sometimes ‘life’ just has to take over. I won’t bore you with all the details, but the above picture will give you an ideaContinue reading “Five Colour Friday and more”
- Five Colour FridayMy birthday month of August is almost here. A year ago we were travelling to Wales, hopeful that ‘freedom’ was right round the corner. In theory it arrived earlier this month, but it doesn’t feel as ‘free’ as it did 12 months ago. Do you feel the same? So, we arrive at another Five ColourContinue reading “Five Colour Friday”