It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- Eleven down…Just one more month to go for the Temperature Blanket! Yesterday I had to play ‘catch-up’ Circumstances during the month meant that there were 15 days that needed completing – plus the note of the temperature that appeared most.
- Thirty days hath November …The verse* we learnt at school popped into my mind at the end of last month and a plan formed! Thirty days – a square a day – one 6 x 5 blanket!
- Five Colour FridayThis was sunrise yesterday morning. It was cold, but blue skies and sun all day. This morning isn’t so promising. That is the only bit of ‘blue’ around, and I’m guessing that that’s a ‘front’ moving in. The forecast isn’t good, so I’m crochet hook at the ready and will stay cozily huddled up. If …
- If only …… all catching up was this easy! The TEMPERATURE BLANKET was 9 days behind! I’ve been busy with other things This afternoon, however. We’ve had a long wait for the heating engineer. I needed something to do that didn’t mean counting stitches, so, chart to hand and pencil at the ready, this seemed the ideal …
- Time to celebrate!Do you remember 2020? It was a hard year with lockdowns, disappointments and many other problems that we had to face unexpectedly. I’m not sure that, from our point of view, 2021 has been a lot better, but this year, at least, we have been able to see family. Yesterday we had an unexpected visit …