It’s been an unsettling week in this household. My very special and dear Uncle has been in hospital undergoing surgery. Unexpectedly this resulted in two surgeries within 24 hours. He is now doing well, but of course can’t have visitors – and other communication is very limited. At 96 both were something he’d rather not have had to endure, but both were necessary.
On the same day we heard my uncle had gone to hospital we also heard of the death of a very dear friend. Doreen was in her mid sixties, and had been very healthy, not having seen a doctor for many years. She will be very sadly missed.
So, I’ve been consoling myself with crochet. The first set of squares for Dolly Mixtures are almost complete, but then I have a decision to make.
I need to see the completed squares laid out together before I decide on the next step. There are a few more colours to be entered into the equation, and I can ‘see’ them in a couple of different guises. So.. the story continues. I think my next post on this subject will be after the ‘problem’ has been resolved.
That morning, shortly after hearing the news, I had gone to the local shop to buy specifics. However, when I got home I discovered that instead of croissants I had bought ..
And instead of Tomato Juice I’d picked up..
How did that happen? Simply not concentrating! I did, however, also pick up the baking potatoes and spinach!
- How many!?!??If the answer is 720 – what is the question? Many of you already know that five colours produce 120 differently ordered squares have downloaded the pdf (FIND IT HERE). But… did you know …
- October in colour!Three days per square – the morning then the afternoon. Blue is cooler than green.
- A Friday Finish!It’s done! (Ignore the writing – the colours have nothing to do with the blanket.) I wanted a colourful border All colours Stylecraft Special DK Khaki, Spice, Gold, Graphite, Bottle, Raspberry, Apple, Vintage Peach, Claret, Copper, Proper Purple, Plum, Violet, Teal, Turquoise, Aster, Mustard, Grape, Cornish Blue. Joining colour is Mushroom which was also used …
- Just five balls..Next Friday will see another FIVE COLOUR FRIDAY I usually illustrate with a Granny Square. But who says you HAVE TO MAKE A GRANNY SQUARE BLANKET? Five colours is a good basis for a blanket and you may like to check out the link below to find some ideas.
- On the hookI think I’m going to call my current blanket ‘Autumn Carnival’. Of course I may change my mind but … I’m really enjoying putting it together