It’s always easy to count the days in January, but once we get beyond that 31 it’s easy to get confused. (Well, it’s easy for me to get confused, and if you arrived here earlier you will have seen that. All dates now corrected, though…..) Today’s solid square brings us to the end of strip 6! That will be 36 squares already – and almost the end of the first little blanket. Here is the plan for this week – and below we will talk about what follows.
Here’s a reminder of the colours
Week 5 DUCK EGG SEQUENCE
- February 5: single colour square in Duck Egg. Strip 6 complete
- February 6: single colour square in Duck Egg. Strip 7 begins
- February 7: 1/3/2/4/5/5
- February 8: 3/1/4/2/5/5
- February 9: 2/4/3/1/5/5
- February 10: 4/2/1/3/5/5
- February 11: single colour square in Duck Egg. Strip 7 complete.
Week 5 MAGENTA SEQUENCE
- February 5: single colour square in Magenta. Strip 6 complete
- February 6: single colour square in Magenta. Strip 7 begins
- February 7: 5/1/3/2/4/5
- February 8: 5/3/1/4/2/5
- February 9: 5/2/4/3/1/5
- February 10: 5/4/2/1/3/5
- February 11: single colour square in Magenta. Strip 7 complete.
Just one more strip to complete this project! Don’t forget that I am not including edging or borders, simply guiding the squares. When working in acrylic yarn I like to keep the edges balanced, but functional. There are many tutorials online, and Pinterest can often guide you to something you might like if you don’t have a favourite ‘go to’ border.
Above and below: Six strips down, two to go.
I’m thinking ahead to the next blanket. It will be a little bigger than the above, and I’m going to be using some leftovers from the above with additions, unless I change my mind. More details coming in a couple of days.